Accomplishments: - Design. A very elegant affair , when viewed against similar devices. On the table looks great. Before unpacking the box is also pleasing to the eye.
- sound Quality. Their money is uniquely card costs. The entire frequency spectrum issues otlichno.V whole sound quite bright , with some headphones places rezkovatoe. There is a detail that is bas.Na Sony xb 500 / Beyerdynamic 770 pro displays a sufficiently strong and powerful bass. Here 990 baerami bass deeper , but its less quantitatively less "Pancha" , so bashedam not recommend it =)senhami 650 bass is also quite, though it is smaller and a little bit different level.
- ability to change operatsionnikov. 11 pieces. For me though, as rather for the music lover than audiophile , it is rather a marketing rather than an important component.
- surprisingly very high quality headphone amplifier. 250-300 Ohm rocking with zapasom.600 OHM, too, are drawn. Shake these ears as : Sennheiser 650 / Hifiman 500 / Denon 5000. Also tolerably well copes with LCD 2 / Sennheiser 800 / Denon 7000. The exception is trudnoraskachivaemyie ears , like Hifiman HE 6.
Limitations: - Weight. About 5 kg. Definitely call it a portable't.
- Quality workmanship. Everything was great , except for the potentiometer. It's bad quality , have already been complaints of failure. I have no problems , but there are problems with the volume control. He turns on click/tick marks. Ie, I can't do a little bit louder. And slightly turning , the volume increases significantly.
- Predohranitel.Pered use, be sure to check that he was set to 220v.
Comment: Harvester is really good , and call it an external sound card is not desirable , as it is actually playing at the top level budget DACs. It sound more digital than analogue as expensive DACs, but it is probably a matter of taste and personal perception of sound. Stock usb and the network cable is better to replace. There is an opinion that the more expensive and high quality , such as WireWorld or QED , the sound is noticeably changing for the better. Connect best on the usb. I personally sound exactly the most liked. Especially if you replace the cable as advised above. Of the players recommend APlayer in ASIO mode. In the settings asio choose a smaller delay , put 24/32 bit. Also, before use, be sure to flash. Firmware is on an official website, instructions are on the doktorhede , in speaking about Asus One.